Monday, September 28, 2009

More than meets the eye

So I spent all week trying to figure out what to do... I had some ideas.... but nothing that really struck me as creative or helpful. And I have decided that my projects should fall under one of the two categories.

I could have wrote emotions on a rose... it has layer... but that is kinda lame. How many times can that be done.

The idea I kept coming back to was I should edit a photo inn Photoshop. A photo that may look nice to begin with but I could make better. But I felt like this was a cop-out. I can do that any day of the week... What makes that special. Nothing.

I had decided I was just going to sit this one out, because I had nothing and I didn't want to cheapen the project. But then the timely New Media inspiration hit at about 9am today.

And I still am not happy about the choice I feel like I should have done better... but...

I have created a photoshop action. This action plays with the contrast of an image's color channels giving a color effect.

Something that I am especially happy about with my very first action is the ability to see what is going on, make decisions and have most of them be editable after the action is over.

I am going to let everyone download my action. Play with it on your own images!

Click on the image below for full sized action fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment