Wednesday, October 7, 2009

PSW = Bliss

How do I sum up my week? I am still exhausted from the traveling. I feel scattered and messy. But I suppose I always feel that way.

I used my time from class last week to pack since I was leaving my house at 3am Tuesday morning and I had yet to do so. I doesn't take much to make me happy or get excited. My bliss on a daliy basis can come from a song on my itunes, finishing a project, starting a project, a tv show... I try to do the things I enjoy doing. That being said since I had such a busy week I never really took the 3 hours and did something just to make myself happy. I enjoyed my week a ton. I learned soooo much, I won some money (I came home with more than I was expecting, but less than I took out), I took some pictures, I visited my favorite city, I reveled in my geek. So maybe the whole week was mine. It isn't often that I get to geek out with out feeling as though I should be doing something else.

I do plan on spending the this evening blissing out. It is my first night where I don't have to do something. I am going to work on some homework.... but I will probably paint my nails and go to target. That will be fun.

It is funny the week I go to Photoshop World you ask me to break the rules in Photoshop. I just learned all new rules. Well not really rules... but things that make what you do eaiser.

I think my favorite class was the one on Smart Objects. Super cool stuff happening there. Not only can you scale your pictures and bring in vectors but the work like a template. There is sooo much there to explore. You can also now apply filters that you can edit after the fact. Effects on type that is still editable!! I could go on and on...

I have sat and thought about breaking the rules of Photoshop and I have decided I don't want to. I could make you an image with the filter and drop shadows set to auto... and it would suck.... and I would be breaking the rules. I could upscale an image or transform some type... but that has already been done.

What I want to do: I want to break the rules of this assignment and follow some of the new 'rules' I learned this week at Photoshop World.


No comments:

Post a Comment