Monday, October 12, 2009

Hoosiers Helping Hoosiers

As a designer it was hard for me to think of a way that I can help the world. I do projects. It is kinda all I do. Work. School.

I finally decided I do need to be assigned a project to be a part of something. I decided to make some flyers to put around campus promoting a food drive for Hoosiers Helping Hoosiers.

I went to the website and created a page based on the information provided. I don't know what I have to do to approve hanging things on campus. But I think it is a worthy cause with the job market the way it is right now. A nice Thanksgiving meal is something that a lot of people take for granted. I know I do. Some years I have gone 3 different place for Thanksgiving.

My contribution is not a lot and I know that. But hopefully if I can inspired other people to get involved... then every little bit helps.

So use some of you free pages from IUPUI and print a few of these flyers. Hang them up at work. Leave them in your classrooms. Make people aware.

And even if you can't get to one of these locations... They are donating everything to Gleaners. As I am sure many other people are doing too.

Check out the website for a list of items they would like to see. I think the next time I am at the grocery I am going to spend 10 bucks on helping someone else have a great Thanksgiving. I hope that you do too!


No comments:

Post a Comment